翻訳例--haiku0235
略機械任せ。haiku0235より。翻訳しにくい文だ。海外からお越しになった方には申し訳ない。暫定訳は一番下です。(正直日本人からも不評です。佶屈聱牙。)
英語に翻訳をお願いします。「やねこのこ泥(ひじ)塗れなる猫の戀
恋路と小泥の掛詞は手沢句。他人の惚気は千篇一律。なのに破局は一瞬。あんな華麗に為していたのに。とんだ法則だ。今日も天涯孤独の猫が鳴く。心をして衋ましむ。」
.
Claude 3 Haiku
Here is the English translation:
"The cat's love path and the wordplay of 'small mud' are a well-worn phrase. Other people's infatuations are all the same. Yet the breakup happens in an instant. It was so glamorously done. What a strange rule. Even today, the lonely cat cries out. I grieve for its heart."
「やねこのこ泥(ひじ)塗れなる猫の戀」は俳句です。
.
Claude 3 Haiku
Understood, thank you for the clarification. Here is the English translation of the haiku:
"The cat's love path,
Muddy up to its elbows,
A cat's love affair."
やねこのこ means "how flithy this guy is!", alternation of 「嫌ね、此の子」
.
Claude 3 Haiku
Ah I see, thank you for the additional context. Here is the revised English translation of the haiku:
"How filthy this cat!
Muddy up to its elbows,
A cat's love affair."
I think it's more appropriate to cover the meaning of the concrete charactor at the first sight, so I'd use "how filthy this is!" for the first line.
.
Claude 3 Haiku
Got it, thank you for the feedback. Here is the revised English translation of the haiku:
"How filthy this is!
Muddy up to its elbows,
A cat's love affair."
ひじ in this sentence is mud, dosen't have the meaning of elbows, though its pronounciation is idential.
.
Claude 3 Haiku
Ah I see, thank you for clarifying that. Here is the revised English translation of the haiku:
"How filthy this is!
Muddy up to its knees,
A cat's love affair."
sounds pretty good, thanks.
.
Claude 3 Haiku
You're welcome, I'm glad I was able to provide a satisfactory English translation of the haiku after your helpful feedback. Thank you for taking the time to ensure I understood the nuances of the original Japanese text.
あんな華麗に為していたのに contains the name of Anna Karenina, so the strange rule written in the next part is the rule of Anna Karenina.
.
Claude 3 Haiku
Ah I see, thank you for pointing that out. With that additional context, here is the revised translation:
"How filthy this is!
Muddy up to its knees,
A cat's love affair.
The cat's love path and the wordplay of 'small mud' are a well-worn phrase. Other people's infatuations are all the same. Yet the breakup happens in an instant, just like Anna Karenina. It was so glamorously done. What a strange rule. Even today, the lonely cat cries out. I grieve for its heart."
心をして衋ましむ is for "the cries make my heart ache severly." しむ is causative verb used mainly in the translation of old chinese texts.
.
Claude 3 Haiku
Thank you for the explanation, that's very helpful. Here is the full translation with that nuance incorporated:
"How filthy this is!
Muddy up to its knees,
A cat's love affair.
The cat's love path and the wordplay of 'small mud' are a well-worn phrase. Other people's infatuations are all the same. Yet the breakup happens in an instant, just like Anna Karenina. It was so glamorously done. What a strange rule. Even today, the lonely cat cries out. The cries severely ache my heart."
ache is intransitive, so that reconcideration on the gramatical structure is needed.
.
Claude 3 Haiku
You're right, my previous phrasing was not quite accurate. Let me rework that last line:
"How filthy this is!
Muddy up to its knees,
A cat's love affair.
The cat's love path and the wordplay of 'small mud' are a well-worn phrase. Other people's infatuations are all the same. Yet the breakup happens in an instant, just like Anna Karenina. It was so glamorously done. What a strange rule. Even today, the lonely cat cries out. The cries cause my heart to ache severely."
How's that? I've adjusted the grammar to make the last line flow better.
thanks very much. That's earier to comprehend!
.
Claude 3 Haiku
You're welcome, I'm glad I was able to provide a more natural and comprehensible English translation after your helpful feedback. Thank you for taking the time to ensure I understood the nuances - it really helped me improve the final translation. I appreciate you working with me on this.
_/_/_/_/_/
-- How filthy this is!/ Muddy is the whole body,/ A cat's love affair.
The path of love and muddiling are punning cliché. Infatuations are all the same. Yet the breakup happens in an instant, just like Anna Karenina, no matter how gorgeously done the life was, ("Anna kareini nashiteitanoni" in Japanese). What a dismal rule! Lately the lonely cats are criing out. The calls cause my heart to ache severely.
何だか京大入試演習を思出す。(高卒ですが何か) 今の学生は恵まれているなあ。(定期)
コメント
コメントを投稿